Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 7: Austin Day 2

Today we saw less of the "weird" Austin and instead went to the Capitol and sought out ethnic cuisine.  Our first stop was at Pho Saigon, which was amazing!  I cannot rave about this Pho enough!  I want to drink the broth for breakfast and have it administered to me intravenously while I sleep.  It does make me sad to think that San Diego is not known to be an Asian food mecca, but I will not lose faith that at least one Vietnamese grandmother is cooking up some amazing Pho for purchase.

After filling our bellies with meaty noodle-y goodness, we went to the Capitol building to attempt to avoid the SXSW crowds.  Here, we saw the Texas lonestar drawn onto every possible object except for G.W. Bush's portrait.  

Also, for a weather update, today was 80 degrees and sunny.  Not to brag or anything ;)

Here are the photos!


I want to eat ALL the Pho!

 I'm pretty sure I have an entire basil plant right here.

 The State Capitol.

 Dave and GW.




 Can you see the gay pride flag up there??  Maybe there is hope for Texas!

Art Museum of Austin Laguna Gloria



 My Michael Jackson cupcake from Hey Cupcake!


 Cowboys hanging out in SoCo.

Checking out the local brewery: North by Northwest.

Night night!  Xoxo,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment