Friday, March 8, 2013

End of an Era

Current location: New Orleans.
Current mileage total: 1070.

It's crazy to think that just a few short days ago Dave and I were stuffing our ReloCube full of all our most "prized" possessions and were aerobed-ing it on the floor of our empty apartment.  Oh how I will miss you, 2543, with your vague smell of cigarettes, your blinds that never fully opened, and your washer/dryer combo that could never be used in unison...

But seriously.  

I may not miss my old apartment, but I am going to miss Ann Arbor.  A lot.  

Why, you may ask?

Could it be that it is because I spent 6 of the most formative years of my life in Ann Arbor, completing both undergrad and grad school, starting my first job, meeting Dave, and combining our feline families to result in a 5-mammal household?

Well yes.  But also: 

- I have the best friends in the world in Ann Arbor.  Seriously.  I have the pictures, cards, balloons, and good-bye care packages to prove it.  Can I stuff you all in my ReloCube and bring you with me, kthanx?
- Ann Arbor has all the best Indian and Thai restaurants a girl could want.   If I could, I would transport Tuptim to be my future next door neighbor.  Raja Rani can live upstairs maybe with Madras Masala as a roommate (if they can get along).
- I'm aggressively encouraged to keep it casual daily.  The local hipsters make it so. 
- The epitome of nerdy bar-trivia exists here at the local Irish Pub, the loss of which we are currently mourning, and drinking about daily.
- I love this little microcosm of liberally goodness in the heart of God's Country.
- Did I say I have amazing friends???

Sorry to be sappy, but all of these things had to be said.  Ann Arbor is the best college town in the world and I am extremely sad to leave.  

But then sometimes I think about this..


(True life picture from Wednesday)

So now that I've bored everyone with my nostalgic ramblings, let me get to the meat of why I created this blog in the first place:  Real-time road trip play-by-plays!

(Well... maybe not quite real-time considering I haven't posted anything yet and this is the 3rd day of our trip.)

But better late than never!  Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure :)



Athena at the Parthenon, Nashville


Parthenon, Nashville, TN


Bosco's, Nashville, TN


Driving into New Orleans, LA


Dinner with Mom and Dad, New Orleans, LA



Drive-Through Daquiri = Amazing
New Orleans, LA


Erwin is most seriously displeased.

Xoxo!

Sarah

3 comments: